Board of Directors Candidate Application
The NYSPCC is seeking people with a passion for our mission to join our board of directors.
Why join? Board members make a difference. Our Board guides our strategic direction and our long-term sustainability. Their leadership helps ensure our vision and values and our commitment to equity are lived out in daily work.
Board members work collaboratively with other members, the executive director, the staff leadership team, and the staff. They are expected to contribute in ways that match their interests, abilities, talents, and connections. You can learn more about board member responsibilities below.
We value a broad range of personal and professional backgrounds.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Including The NYSPCC as a philanthropic priority and making financial contributions that meet or exceed the organization’s “give/get”.
- Representing The NYSPCC to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Reviewing and, when necessary, updating the organization’s Strategic Plan; ensuring that operations are consistent with the goals and priorities outlined in the Strategic Plan.
- Reviewing key performance indicators to evaluate impact and progress.
- Approving The NYSPCC annual budget; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Attending Special Events that raise money for The NYSPCC.
- Taking on special assignments when necessary.
Join Our Board of Directors
*All questions marked with an asterisk are required.
Donating $25 provides a new toy for children to use during play therapy that helps them express their emotions and find comfort.Donate