Make a Monetary Donation Online, By Mail Or Phone
You can make a monetary donation online simply by clicking HERE. Or, if you prefer, you can make your donation over the phone or through the mail. If mailing, please make your check out to The NYSPCC and send to:
Chief Philanthropy Officer
The New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
161 William St. 9th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Individual or Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
Individual or Peer-to-Peer fundraising is a great way to spread awareness about our cause while also making your fundraising goal more attainable. You can easily post a campaign to social media, send it in an email, or even post it to your own blog. To get started, click here.
- Sponsorship at events Click here for Special Event Information
- Corporate internal/external fundraising events with your colleagues
- Naming Opportunities
- Matching Gifts
- Volunteer Paid Hours
Monthly giving allows the NYSPCC to plan in advance, and therefore to more efficiently protect the safety of children and help vulnerable families. Sign up to be a monthly donor today!
Contact Tyler Hyacinth at 212.233.5500 x221, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a Leadership Gift allows The NYSPCC to serve more children and offer our programs and services to all children in desperate need of our help. Leadership gifts range from $2,500 to $20,000. Here’s how your leadership gift can make a difference:
- $20,000- helps rebuild four families through the Supervised Visitation Program’s specialized family counseling.
- $10,000- provides one child a year of weekly Trauma Recovery Program therapy, to heal from physical or sexual abuse.
- $5,000 – funds The Parenting Journey series – a 12-week course that equips parents in strengthening their families.
- $2,500 – gives three months of specialized trauma recovery counseling to a child after a disclosure of sexual abuse.
More Ways to Give
Honor the life and legacy of a loved one with your heartfelt gift. Children and adults alike want to enjoy more of life’s precious moments and experience the wonder we hope each tomorrow holds—one reason why losing a loved one can be so difficult. Please accept our condolences and consider honoring the memory of your loved one with a donation to the NYSPCC. Click here to donate in honor/memory of a loved one.
We are always honored to receive cash donations but there are so many additional ways you can benefit the NYSPCC: You can add us to your Will or Trust and you can make gifts to the NYSPCC from your Donor Advised Fund (DAF) or Private Foundation. You can donate appreciated stock, bonds or mutual funds, and you can even name the NYSPCC as a designated beneficiary on your Life Insurance policies or retirement accounts.
We are able to accept more complex assets and help with more involved planning as well, including accepting donations of Real Estate and Charitable Lead and Remainder Trusts, to name a few. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call and we will walk you through all of the options. For more information please contact our Chief Philanthropy Officer, Sharon Scimeca, at email@example.com or 212-233-5500 x 216.
This type of gift takes only a simple designation in your will and does not affect your cash flow during your lifetime, and it is easy to revoke if your situation changes.
A bequest is right for you if:
- You want to help ensure the NYSPCC’s future viability and strength.
- Long-term planning is more important to you than an immediate income-tax deduction or the estate tax charitable deduction is particularly valuable to you.
- You want the flexibility of a gift commitment that doesn’t affect your current cash flow.
Your bequest to support our mission should be thoughtfully planned. Many good planning techniques are available, and you should choose the type of bequest that best suits your personal objectives. For example, your bequest can be a stated dollar amount, or you can bequeath specific property to our organization. Some of our friends prefer to bequeath a certain percentage of the remainder of their estate — the amount that remains after paying all debts, costs, and other prior legacies.
Whichever form you prefer, you can direct that your bequest be used for the general support of our work or for a specific purpose you designate. Whatever your objectives, we will be happy to work with you in planning a bequest that will be satisfying, economical and effective in carrying out your wishes in our important mission.
How it works
- You transfer appreciated stock, bonds or mutual fund shares to the NYSPCC. Under current income tax rules, it is generally more impactful to your personal income tax situation for you to donate shares you have owned for one year or more to the NYSPCC, however we are able to accept shares owned for any length of time.
- The NYSPCC sells your securities and uses the proceeds to support its mission, or to support the program you wish to gift with your support.
A gift of appreciated securities is for you if:
- You’re holding stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares that have increased in value.
- You want to diversify your assets while minimizing capital gains taxes that would result from a sale.
Donor Advised Funds
Help support the NYSPCC mission by donating via your existing Donor Advised Fund (DAF) or creating your own philanthropic legacy through a newly established DAF. A DAF allows you to combine favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support the NYSPCC or your other favorite charities.
What are the main advantages of a donor-advised fund?
- Simplicity: the donor-advised fund sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility: timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision-making.
- Tax-efficiency: contributions are tax-deductible, and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes.
- Family legacy: a DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No transaction fees: once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to the NYSPCC.
Combined Federal Campaign
If you’re a federal employee, you can make the NYSPCC your charity of choice in the Combined Federal Campaign. Ask your employer for more information on this.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Use your traditional IRA as a simple way to reduce your tax liability and make your charitable gifts.
Additional Ways to Support the NYSPCC
In addition to financial donations, there are numerous other ways you can support The NYSPCC and our clients. Consider planning a toy drive during the holidays, organizing a clothing or school supply drive, asking your company to make a corporate matching gift, following or posting about us on social media, organize peer to peer fundraisers, etc.
Donating $5,000 provides six months of Therapeutic Supervised Visitation services, including family counseling and education, to help a vulnerable family develop healthy, nurturing relationships.Donate